Gulfview Hotel

The Junior League of the Emerald Coast recently took a trip down memory lane when they were approached by Fort Walton Beach Chamber President, Ted Corcoran, to aid in fundraising efforts to the preserve The Gulfview.

The Gulfview is the heart of tourism history in Fort Walton Beach. It was constructed in 1906, and almost immediately became the premier hotel in the area, welcoming guests up until it closed in 1986. At that time, the JLEC began a long process of raising funds to preserve and restore this local treasure. The used the revived building as office and event space for several years. It was eventually sold to Thomas and Nicole Wyninegar Rothrauff with the understanding that the building will be moved to a new location.